Cable Cooking/Burnin

I read this on KLE Innovations, http://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/essence-gzero-ic/, and wondered what your thoughts on Cable Cooking/Burnin might be ...

Burnin/Cooking Time

We believe that the Burnin/Cooking process can be thought of as an extension/finishing of the Annealing process.

This is a practice that can dramatically/drastically improve performance and has been gaining acceptance from HiFi enthusiasts :) Usually, any listener will be able to identify a marked change/improvement in audio component performance within the first 100 or more hours of use, whether it be a cable, connector, component or loudspeaker.

Burnin/Cooking time is the process whereby electrical signal/charge gradually settles/corrects/aligns dielectric, electromagnetic, and material (metal and non-metal) issues that occur/result during the construction process. These aspects are often and usually found in Cables/Connectors and usually results in a brittle, bright, muddy, non-cohesive sound that lacks the Detail, Resolution, Timbre, PRaT, Harmonic Texture, Organicness, Naturalness, and Staging which is desired for music reproduction. Burnin/Cooking Time improves the way that signal passes through the conductors and dielectrics and it is the resulting changes in signal transmission that refines and defines the performance of the audio cables.

While it is most important to implement Burnin/Cooking Time, upon purchase, routine maintenance is always important, also. Cables/Connectors that have not been played, or left unused, for long/prolonged periods of time, may become stagnant and again require Burnin/Cooking Time.
yping

Showing 2 responses by ct0517

Well since no one is bothering to ask about the Elephant in the room - I will.

Why would any audiophile with one, maybe two systems need a cable cooker?

fwiw
Any new wires/cables I buy are burned in for me by the Retailer-Seller for a nominal fee ?

So just curious...

@Yping your thread did however prompt me to ask Take Five Audio about this who have built some of my cables. (Just a happy customer of theirs)

So I provide this info.

"We have a couple of the Audiodharma Cable Cookers, our old one is the original design and we have another which is the latest model of the "Standard Plus". They do a good job on the cables. I think you would need several complex systems to justify the cost of a cooker because there is a limit to how often you can condition them and still hear the difference."
-
-