C390DD - Review

I have been listening to the following setup the last couple of days
Mac Mini=>Itunes =>C390dd=>MA GS20.
(I used to have a wyred dac2 + wyred MC5).The sound does not excite at all..I need to be at -20db(+8 being the max) to make the midrange(vocals to stand out)..Instruments,Just feels recessed..

Anyone using c3900DD,who can share their views?
Cheers
Kalyan
Ag insider logo xs@2xvidya46
I have one and compared it to some pretty expensive stuff on some very revealing gear.

Its the best integrated in its price bracket - no question. It takes much more expensive separates to best it - even separates at two times the price usually can't. A $5k DAC (PDX Level 2) and $6K amp (Arion RS-500) does though - and fairly easily.

It is however very neutral and hence may not be to your taste if you like warmth etc in your equipment.

Thanks
Bill
If you are talking about the NAD 390DD, it's not an overly "present" sounding unit. Are you feeding it USB from your Mac? Played with the speaker impedance settings?
Yes indeed you must use the correct impedance settings for your speaker - if you don't it is a bit ordinary. See the manual how to do that.

Thanks
Bill
Since I posted ,I have downloaded pure music and bitperfect on Mac ..even without any up sampling this sounds much better to me..I have mostly iTunes downloaded songs..the am gs20's are rated at 6 ohm impedance,and I set the same in the nad amp..

Cheers
Kalyan
Kalyan, are you getting better results? I'm early in my evaluation of the 390DD but have also found that vocals are quite recessed.