C2300 preamp

I have a problem which many would like to have, I guess. I recently purchased a new C2300 and had it for sale due to spousal effect. lol
I haven't opened the box yet figuring it would be worth more to someone who is assured that it was in fact new and unopened. Well, turns out I will be able to keep it if I'd like. But my question. I have an MC 2105 amp and can not upgrade to any higher wattages in the foreseeable future. Am I going to notice a difference between my current C32 and the tubed C2300.
I know it's subjective, but would it be worth my listening pleasure to hook the 2300 up to my 2105? Don't abuse my ignorance to much as I am new into this McIntosh stuff. But what I listen to so far CD and vinyl, it certainly sounds great. Thanks for any advise or opinions which any of you may have.
128x128pistolerro

Showing 1 response by jl35

I agree that the 2300 is way better than the C32, though it is also way better than the MC2105, and you won't get all the benefits of an expensive preamp upgrade. If you keep the amp, I would at least send it to McIntosh for a refurb/upgrade and replace those 40 year old caps.