C-J Premier 12's vs. ARC VT100 MKII--advice?

I'm always thinking about upgrading something--you know how it is. An amp I always wanted to try is the Conrad Johnson Premier 12 monos-blocs. My question is, would they be an upgrade from my ARC VT100 MKII? The ARC is an excellent amp. However my impression from reading about the P12's is that they would probably sound more "lush", & possibly have a better soundstage & depth. Any comments? Used Premier 12's seem to be going for around $3500 used--they are discontinued--but being replaced by a new model (possible reason to hold off?)

Rest of my system: VTL TL2.5 preamp w/phono stage, Cary 303/200 CDP, Fanfare tuner, Rega P25 w/Benz Glider, alternating between B&W M802SIII & Merlin TSM-M speakers. Cables are Nordost Blue Heaven between CDP & pre-amp, & DH Labs bi-wire speaker cables.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
steveaudio

Showing 1 response by mshan

Paul McGowan commented on another Audiogon thread that his reference amps are the ARC VT-100 mk. 3 and Sonic Frontiers III monoblocks, so a PS Audio HCA-2 amp may be a powerful, cost-effective option falling somewhere between the ARC and CJ.

Hope this helps!