c-j prem 140

pulled trigger on new c-j 140.suggestions on preamps,ss or tube? have adcom gfp-750 now,with marantz sa-1 and aerial 10ts.also looking into mods on adcom,can anyone help with contact info.tried a# for s.warren for over 2 wks,no answer.must have wrong #.any help is appreciated.just as an aside,went from marsh 400 s to this tube amp.what might i expect?thanks for comments.
machine

Showing 2 responses by czbbcl

Rec

What amp and speakers are you currently using as well as front end? I am running a CJ MF2500A with CJ 16ls2 and I am cosidering upgrading to the 140. I have an SCD-1 and Thiel 3.6 speakers with audioquest anaconda interconnects and volcano speaker cables. I am concerned that I will lose bass control with the tube amp. Although, all I have to compare it to is a premier 11a; the 11a didn't have enough horsepower to drive the thiels at least in the bass region, but did do a very nice job on the mid to high end.
I would suggest nothing less than a CJ Premier 17ls tubed pre-amp. Your adcom is far below your amp and cd player and is without a doubt the weakest link in your system. I would not even consider modding it.