bypassing a crossover in a two-way

i am not a tech person so forgive any ignorance. i want to bypass the crossover in a simple and cheap two way, because the main driver is the same one used in the manufacturer's crossoverless design.

the manufacturer gave me the following instructions: "A 0.68uf cap in series with the tweeter + lead is all you need,, - to the - binding post." I'm not sure what this means. looking into the speaker i can see the black and red wires leave the speaker leads and inter the crossover network. leaving the crossover are two sets of black and white wires, one set going to the leads on the woofer, the other connected to the single wire from the tweeter.

am i to cut the speaker wire before it reaches the crossover and then insert the cap? if so, how, specifically, do i these three connections to a single cap (1. the input from the speaker leads, 2. the output to the woofer, and 3. the output to the tweeter)? i am not able to visualize his statement in relation to what i've described as the inside the speaker cabinet. i've looked elsewhere on the web but to no avail. i realize it is simple but just don't have the background.

any help would be very much appreciated.
thomp9015

Showing 2 responses by 240zracer

You need 4 wires coming from the binding posts, two positive and two negative. One of the pairs goes directly to the woofer. The other pair goes to the tweeter, but has a cap in the positive wire on the way to the tweeter. The cap is cutting low frequency to the tweeter so you don't blow it. The woofer will be running full range.
Good question Gregm. I think .68uF is a 500Hz cross to the tweeter. 11.00uF is about 3000Hz and where you want to be. I did this real quick, anyone agree.....Greg?