Bypass capacitor questions

I have built new crossovers for my Thiels using mostly Clarity CSA caps. On the coax board, the two feeds and subfeed are bypassed with Multicap RTX (~1%). I am super happy with the SQ improvement. Well-recorded music sounds fantastic, just sublime. Really hard to fault, especially at this price point. Excellent transients with resolution and transparency for days; adding the RTX added a bit to the transients and resolution. But poorly recorded music is now more evident than ever and can sound relatively "cool", even thin, most notably on vocals. I’m wondering if a double bypass or different bypass cap might add a bit more flesh or hint of warmth. The Jupiter copper foil at 0.01 uF caught my interest but I’ve read reports that this small of capacitance can be inaudible, as well as reports that it can make a big difference (eg, humblehomemadehifi review of Dueland bypass).

Two questions:

a) do you think a different bypass or double bypass would result in the sound I seek?
b) if yes, more likely to get a good result with Jupiter double bypass at 0.01 uF or, say, Audyn True Copper Max at ~1%.

Budget: something more affordable than Duelands!

beetlemania

Showing 1 response by tomic601

Beatle
i guess my inclination would be to turn to Tomthiel and others who focus on first Order filters for guidance....
i know RV is a fan of WIMA properly bypassed and with zobel  network as required and DBS as well ( sharing a patent w Low of Audioquest )
i agree that it is both a listen / measure thing - one reason why every Vandersteen above the model 3 goes into the anechoic chamber for fine tuning. As for phase and timing impacts, few more passionate about the science, math and listening for that than JT, RV and of course Dunlavey.
have fun !!!!