BW 800-805 D3 series VS 800-805 Nautilus/S series

I love the Nautilus and S series but hit a wall with the D series. At the end of my trials, the 800 N & S speakers always sounded more natural and right to me, personally. I have met others with this same opinion, surprisingly quite a few.

I'd like to know, if you share this sentiment, have you heard the D3 line? What are your opinions in comparison the the N & S series? Have they found their way back to the magic or not?
128x128michaelkingdom

Showing 1 response by bo1972

The limitation  of B&W are still their crossovers and the fact that it only can create 1 metre of stage depth.

I owned the 800S and wanted to buy the 800D1 in 2006. But in a few shootouts the stage depth was still 1 metre.

Recently I auditioned the 800D3 with the most expensive Esoteric amps,pre amp and sources. This set can create a lot of stage depth. But again it was still 1 metre of stage depth. This is a hifi stereo parameter. This is 100% a fact and cannot be changed.

B&W need new people to create better speakers, better crossovers and speakers who are capable of creating a very deep stage. This is an essential part in highend and is not allowed to be missed.