buzzzzz, where did i go wrong?

The setup:
spectral monoblock amps
spectral preamp
theta front end

The NEW DEDICATED CIRCIUTS
4 separate circuits each with fuses jumped off the main box and grounded to the main box
one circuit for each monoblock
one for the preamp
one for the digital front end (MIT power conditioning)

the amps and preamp each share a supplemental grounding rod. The digital end has its own supplemental ground rod
The outlets are all FIM880. These do not have an isolated ground (could that be the problem?)

I still have a buzz.low but audible; it goes away when I lift the ground from my amps. I assume I have a ground loop but I am not sure how or what I do about it. I assume I have made some awful basic error but not sure how.
I know for instance from the posts that Garfish uses three supplemental grounding rods. Maybe I should have tied all those together? any other ideas
jdwek

Showing 1 response by nick778

one other supplemental thought. the three dedicated circuits should ideally be on the same bus in the panel to minimize ground differentials. also, if possible, this bus should be the one with the fewest amount of large 'noise' contributors from i.r.,dimmers, fridge, etc. this could involve some rewiring in the panel but is usally worth the effort.