Buzzing/Loud overtones on Sansui 2000A receiver?

Hi there,

I bought a used Sansui 2000A receiver a couple years back and LOVE it. Replaced a couple tubes when I got it but it didn't need anything else until now.

Recently there is a buzzing when I play a record through it. It sounds like loud feedback/overtones.

I replaced the tubes, double checked the speaker wire and connections, played different records, and also played the record player through the alternate phono inputs. No dice to get the buzzing to disappear.

I'm playing through a couple of year-old (bought new) Klipsch bookshelf speakers.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
128x128marksatin9000
Sounds like a ground issue. Is the tonearm ground wire attached?
Check integrity of cartridge connections. 
Nice amp! To follow up on what noromance asked are you having this noise with digital sources also or just your record player?
@noromance I did some research and it looks like this particular model of turntable (JVC L-A31) did not come with a dedicated ground wire. Apparently it was built in to one of the phono outputs (??). I'm pretty amateur when it comes to this stuff so I don't know what's normal.

That being said, there is a small black wire (maybe 3 inches long) that feeds out of the back of the turntable. Could that be it? Seems very short to do much of anything.

@jond Never played digital sources through the receiver. Don't have the cables to try that either.
@marksatin9000

Its likely that the ground wire (which is what you found) was cut or damaged in the past. It just needs to be lengthened and tied to the chassis or ground post of the Sansui.

BTW, that receiver is plenty old enough that the filter capacitors in the power supplies are highly suspect. You may like how it sounds now, but I suspect it gets better. 
Disconnect the turntable cables from the inputs. Select phono. Turn up volume. Do you hear the noise?
If not, connect red and white RCA turntable cables to the phono input. Do you hear noise?
If yes, run a wire from the 3" wire to the metal part of the amp. Does that affect noise?