Buzz from speakers

Hi,
After all the long search, buy, sell, I pretty much done with my system. BAT VK-D5 -> Emotive Audio Sira LE -> Art Audio Jota (w/ KR300BLX) -> SAP J2001-MKII speaker (diamond tweeter, horn midrange and 12" woofer at 97db). The sound are great so far, missing the bass a little, but ok for my kind of music (classical).
However, I noticed there's buzz in my speakers. The buzz sound appear when I just turn the power amp on. I tried to switch the outlet, there's still buzz. I tried to lift the power cable, using cheating plug... tweak around, moving around, still can't get rid of the buzz...
In this case, would it be the amp or the speakers?
Any suggestion/idea will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
linkoping

Showing 1 response by eagleman6722

Linkoping,

I know how frustrating this can be. I just had this problem when I changed preamps from an ARC to the TAD-150 by Bizzy Bee. I put a cheater on the preamp power cord and it went away. What kind of surge protection are you using. If monster, there were problems with some of the TAD-150;s . As soon as the surge protector was changed the problem went away. There are different kinds of isolation devices that you can get on audiogon. Tripp lite makes some good ones. If it is a 60HZ hum that is usually a ground loop problem. If higher pitch buzz maybe some component in your electronics is wearing out. If you have a turntable make sure that the ground is connected securely to the ground terminal on the pre. good luck!!!! Let us know how you solved the problem. May help some other people on this site.....
Eagleman