Buzz between Marantz SR5008 and Mcintosh C2300

I've got a HT and 2 channel setup I'm trying to marry for use of FL and FR speakers on both.

2 Channel - Computer Channel D/Pure Music to PS Audio Perfect Wave MKII to McIntosh C2300 to Sanders Magtech 2 channel to Snell AIII's.

HT - HD cable/BlueRay/Apple TV/Webcast to SR5008. RR, LR, Cntr and Sub speakers (all Snells) out from the SR5008. FR and FL are Pre-Out (RCA) from SR5008 to C2300 Passthrough designated input. C2300 power triggered from SR5008 to engage Passthrough. FR and FL from C2300 to Sanders.

All are powered through dedicated 20amp line and then through a Furman Elite 20 conditioner.

AND, the problem is a low volume buzz in the sparkers - all channels. I've plugged and unplugged everything, plugged every configuration on the Furman and the only remedy is to take the C2300 out of the chain. No buzz SR5008 to the Sanders. No buzz in the 2 channel set up.

Thoughts? Is the SR5008 pre out to the C2300 just never gonna work? Just to much difference in the equipment configurations? Seems to me this how the C2300 Passthrough should work. Yes?

Or is this just the excuse I need to upgrade the low-end processor? :)

Thanks to all.
Tccaux
tccaux

Showing 1 response by kalbi23

I had the same issue with my MC205 and Marantz AV7701. I spoke with Oppo, Mcintosh and Furman, after all the tests they had me go through, they all came to the conclusion it was the Marantz. I swapped out the AV7701 for the AV8801 for testing purpose and there was no buzz. I called Marantz, and explained the issue, they told me the reason it doesnt buzz with the AV8801 is better shielding and its built better lol. So i swapped out the Marantz and got a Yamaha CXA5000. I would try to get a cheap AVR from a local store that has a friendly return policy and see if it really is the Marantz. BTW, i went through three different AV7701 and all the same issue, and i also have the Furman elite 20.