Buying Speakers Based on Specs

Hi,

Is it a good idea to buy a pair of speakers based on specification? Currently I have a pair of Paradigm Prestige 75F and I wish it had a little bit more bass. The frequency response is  44 Hz - 20 kHz.

I am eyeing the Spendor D7 which has a frequency response of  29Hz – 25kHz or the PMC Twenty5.24 with  frequency resp. of 27Hz - 25kHz. Based on the specs, these 2 speakers should give me more bass response, right?

I know, I know....audition the speakers in my home. But the problem the dealers in my city does not have in-home trials. 

Thoughts?

ct221933
Buying speakers based on the CEA-2034 measurements (aka Spinorama) is probably the safest thing when it comes to buying speakers if you are going to just rely on 1 factor alone. According to NRC research it will tell you about 98% of the performance of speaker.
According to NRC research it will tell you about 98% of the performance of speaker.

@jaechang -- Ha!!! That is such a loada crap! Nothing tells u 98% of the performance of a speaker except ur own ears. Ur a measurement moron who probably can’t trust his own ears. Take ur 4 posts and go home.

Thanks to all your input. Sounds (no pun intended) like it is not a good idea. I would love to have the Spendor or PMC speakers in my house with my electronics for a trial. But I haven't found a dealer or seller (I live in Houston) any brand, besides Audio Advisor with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.