Buying new, but old speakers

Hi everyone. So I'm almost 100% buying a pair of the old Castle Avon speakers, pre-IAG, brand new old stock (NOS). I'd love to hear comments about this speaker if anyone has them, but my question centers around possible concerns with speakers that could be as old as 14 years (the Avon came out in 1996) sitting in their boxes for that entire time. Of course, the speakers could be newer than this. I'm not sure when Castle stopped production on the Avon.

I've never done it before, but assuming the speaker has foam surrounds, if those need replacing it seems to be a pretty cheap and easy fix. Would anyone here be concerned with the crossover or the drivers themselves? Obtaining old Castle drivers may not be easy. If for whatever reason they need replacing I guess I'll just have to find other drivers that would work. Am I worrying too much? I trust the dealer who is selling them, he has taken them out of the box to check them. They are fine now I'm sure, but what happens when I start using them?
fusion10

Showing 1 response by buconero117

The often cited 'Blue Book' is a farce. It reflects no real connection with the real world. The reported sales to BB are highly unreliable and reflect a shallow pool of activity. E-bay is a more reliable source, especially the last 30 days activity.