Buying HiFi at credit, anyone?

Has any of you ever bought a piece of Hifi with money you knew you did not have? Not talking about a 4-payment free interest deal when you have the cash anyway, I am talking putting the purchase on a line of credit or worse credit card and repaying it over many many months with interests to pay?

If so, no need to give a $ figure but how many months of net income did this represent and how long did it take to pay back? any regret? do you think it is a sign of ultime hifi sickness or true passion (not mutually exclusive!).
beheme

Showing 1 response by thefalls1117

I have worked in the health care field for over 30 years.
I have talked with ,too many to count,hard working people that did nothing but saved their money ..no travelling..no extravagant buying.Always had to save save save and NEVER borrow.Many had their life shortened by a life ending disease.
Trouble with that ....they never got to enjoy their hard work and respectable bank account.
I talked with many and if they had a chance to do "it all over again" they would enjoy life to the fullest...spend on themselves and NEVER DO WITHOUT ..enjoy life today and pay for it tomorrow even if they had to borrow.Everything in reason of course.

Now I buy for today and yes I buy audio equipment on CREDIT all the time.
Why not ..life can be too short.....
Instead of "doing without" for months ,enjoy it today.

For what it is worth...