Buying brand new unheard equipment.

I have been on a long search for a phono amp and to say the least it has'nt been much fun, especially when you factor in that i seem to have champagne tastes and a beer budget.
Just when I was about to toss in the towel and give CD another whirl along came an ad for the PS Audio GCPH phono stage.It seems like the answer to all my problems except for one thing,its unproven.
PS Audio calls it a "statment" product. No doubt they are excited by it but am I being too hasty in buying an essentially unheard product.
Are you better off to sit on the fence and wait for the reviews to roll in?
To be honest none of my equipment is brand new they have all been dealer demos and have been out long enough to have been heard by reviewers and other audio fanatics.
I do realise that my own ears should be the final judge but I do appreciate another opinion.Yours.
daveherm69

Showing 1 response by c123666

One company makes a quality phono stage and offers a 30 day trial: Decware. Take a look at their phono stage; nicely done, simple with only three triode tubes and supposedly very good. My partner has auditioned one and said it is up there with the better ones; he also said it is well engineered. My partner is a qualified electrical engineer and appreciates these things.

www.decware.com