Buying a used amp for $2500 with out auditioning

I know, buying an amp without auditioning is not a good start. I don't have the time. I previosly owned a fully upgraded Counterpoint NPS-400, I loved it. I got bored and sold all but my speakers. I own Canton digital 1. Full range with metal tweeter.
I have considered the following: CJ MF2500, Bryston 4Bst, Classe CA201. AT a bit higher price the ML 334, classe ca 301 or Bryston 7BST.
I can easily be convinced to spend more money but do not want to be to foolish. I am open for feedback.
Thank you,
Jonathan
jrud

Showing 1 response by sdcampbell

The Bryston 4B-ST and 4B-SST are excellent amplifiers, but may not be the best "fit" with your Cantons, which can be rather hard and bright with the wrong amp, so I am reluctant to endorse your plan to buy an amp without auditions. Of course, if you get get a prospective seller to allow you a few days to audition the amp, with the right to return it, you could solve that problem.

As the previous post noted, the Bryston 4B-SST can be purchased used for around $1800-2000 (it's still a very new model), while there is a 4B-ST with 17" faceplate currently listed for sale here on A-gon for $1200.