Buyer wants copy of passport?

I have bought and sold expensive equipment for may years both here on audiogon and on Europe’s audio markt.de and I have good feedback on both.
for years buyers was satisfied with photo of the equipment and as a buyer I was to.
Now  buyers wants videos of the equipment playing and also copy of passport and pictures of yourself together with the equipment. Would you accept such demands?
sending pictures of passports to a stranger seems not so comfortable !.?

128x128ulf
I guess I can understand where the buyer might be coming from -- absolute proof that you have the goods. With photo editing software it's pretty easy to mask identifying info in the passport beyond your photo. So if this is the difference between sale or not I might do it.
I would tell those potential buyers no in a very obscene language of their choice. NEVER do it. Video is another thing, I wouldn't do it either, though. 
NO,NEVER.These are exactly the type of pictures low lifes use in online scams...
ABSOLUTELY NOT!  How do you know that he is looking for equipment and not the passports?
There have been at least several occasions during the past year or two in which spam posts have appeared here offering fake passports, as well as other fake documents such as drivers’ licenses. In fact I think there was such a post just this morning. The moderators promptly delete those posts, of course. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the request for a copy of your passport was made for purposes of producing these fakes, and the request for the video was made just to make it all seem legitimate. If so, the fake passport would likely end up being sold to someone who would use it for illegal purposes under your name.
Would you accept such demands?
Given the foregoing possibility, as well as the responses by the others, the answer seems clear :-)

Regards,
-- Al