Buy a pair of ten year old $40,000 speakers for $4,000 or new ones at that price point?

Hi. There are bargains to be had on really high-end components that are more than a few years old. DACs change too much and we need the newer technology. How about speakers? I know it can depend on the specific model but in general is a 10 year old speaker system that was $40,000 in 2009 and now sells for $4,000 a better value than a new system that sells for $4,000 in 2019?  How much has speaker and crossover technology evolved in the past decade or so? (I posted a similar questions about amps in that forum). Thanks for all the input and wisdom.
mcmanus
I think a depreciation of 50% after 10 years would be closer to reality.

Based on this. I beleive there are bargains to be had still in like new condition. 
Post removed 
You aren't going to find a pair of decent $40k speakers for $4k anytime soon...
Dave and Troy must have some $30,000 speakers that are all beat up and they are trying to get $29,995 for them as demo's.  Skip those.

But, I get your point.  I have an old pair of PSB Stratus Gold i's, which cost $2,300 new about a decade ago.  Today, they are worth about $750, event though they are in perfect shape.  A local dealer told me to keep these speakers as they represent what a $5,000 speaker can produce today.

I would have no problem with used, but 10 years is getting up there, especially based on how loud I play my music.
Why do you keep essentially asking the same question in three different threads? A little odd to say the least.