Butcherblock Acoustics "feet" effecting sound and isolation

Hello, general question here do you believe the feet being used under a Butcherblock Acoustics platform effects the overall sound? I'm using metal spikes resting on metal decoupling discs that I ordered from Butcherblock instead of the stock rubber feet it came with. I have maple butcherblock under my phono preamp (3 inch), all tube preamp (3inch), and amplifier (1.5 inch). 

Also do you think I could be over isolating with all that? I'm gonna do some experimenting this weekend but just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts or opinions on it. I've read good and bad things about isolation and over doing it. Thanks for any responses!

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

I have the regular rubber feet under my Butcher Block Acoustic Platform that I use for my turntable. I couldn't believe the difference it made. Maybe try the rubber feet out as they're not too expensive. I'm super happy with mine.  

All good suggestions with regards to decoupling and/or the application of mass but be weary of how Sorbothane can interact with your surrounding surfaces when under compression. The plasticizers used in the formulation can stain and actually adhere to each side of the interface. I learned this the hard way!