Burr Brown OPA 2143 vs NJM2068

I have a Primare CD 21 that needs repair. The repair guy has stated the the final Burr Brown OP Amp in the series is shot and wants to replace it with a NJM 2068 which is also low noise. Will this change the sound of the player. He also needs to replace a couple of fried resistors. What should this repair work cost? Not being a tech whiz I don't want to get taken for a ride.
Thanks in advance Audiogon experts!
amdb9

Showing 5 responses by joaco

Kijanki, can you please tell us about the LM4562? Which are its sonic characteristics? Is it used in any known audio product? Is it better than the OPA 627 as well? Thanks.
Amdb9, aren´t you meaning the OPA 2134? I´m not into opamps but I know that one is one of Burr Brown´s usually used ones. Another one that is better for some and not for others is the OPA 627.

Give us your feedback when you are done. I´m thinking of changing opamps in a Hafler poweramp.
Thanks for the info, Kijanki! My technician advised me to change the opamps of a Hafler P3000 poweramp. I think he said it had TL... and advised to change them by the OPA 2134. As I started investigating a little bit, they seemed to be not the last word in audio opamps. I don´t know anything about electric nor physical configuration of them. Any other advise? Thanks.
Kijanki, I recall he said they were 4 TL081. I´m sure he said they were 4 and not absolutely sure the model. I think the TL081 are the single versions og the TL082. Another technician advised me to use AD818. Do you know them? I have them in a DAC. Thanks for all the other advise. I´ll use it when I take it to the technician I choose.
Kijanki, the technician knew that the AD818 is a video amp. He uses it on purpose because he says it´s faster. I´ll talk your recomendations with him. I suppose the decision of which one to use will be taken once he opens the poweramp and sees what the circuit is like. Thanks again!