Burning in of Power Cords

Assuming that we agree that power cords (heresay to some!), what is the best practical way (short of using various cable burners on the market) to accelerate the burning in process of a pc.

I have tried the brute force method - using an electric kettle (max 2KW) I guess simulating thermonuclear explosions in a HT :) A pc burnt in this way generally needed a day or so to settle in the system (playing music) before sounding better. I am not quite convinced that brute force with mega watt passage equates faster burning in.

Have also experimented with using the refrigerator as well. I reckon the cycling of the compressor may be more similar to the draw of an amp. What do you think ? If it works better than the previous method, how long should I run the pc on the fridge ?

Might a better idea not be simply playing music in the system and forgeting about it for a few weeks ?

Thanks,

Tom
gilas

Showing 1 response by kana813

True story- tried to use my refrigerator to burn in an Audio Magic Stealth Power Conditioner and it's PC.

Had the fig plugged into it for two weeks, during that time the output of the ice maker was reduced by 50-75%.

As soon as I removed the little plastic wonder, the ice
maker returned to it's normal output.