Burning/breaking in new equipment?

I am a complete beginner to stereo equipment, never having even owned so much as a record or CD, but I have been reading about it and found what I thought were good deals, so I pulled the trigger this weekend.

The following are on their way:

Benchmark DAC3 (DAC and preamp)
Bryston 4B3 (power amplifier)
KEF R900 (speakers)
XLR cables (from Benchmark)

I have read that new equipment needs to be broken in for about 100 hours. Does that mean I have to play music through them for 100 hours at the same volume I would use when listening or can I play it at a much lower volume?

Note: I am a little worried that the above system might be too bright, sharp or clinical (as I have read about the previous generations of Bryston amps) but I am trying to go for clean, pure, true, honest, accurate, transparent — whatever that means, but I am thinking I want it to sound like what the artists, producers, directors, audio engineers, etc intended when they created, mixed and mastered each track, with nothing artificial added by the equipment. I also went with companies with more solid engineering and less marketing.

bobk3
Seems like you've gotten about 98%+ of everything answered that you'd need to know.  And BTW, that's some fine gear on the way - I've heard that there might be "someone" who may be just a little jealous... 

One last thing - the only time I ever seriously asked about burning in new gear I was told to look into using something like a "CobraCo Hand-Hammered 100% Copper Fire Pit".  Whatever you do, do NOT go that route.  Trust me on that...

take one of your speaker cables and reverse it then point your speakers at one another a few inches away from each other. they will cancel each others sound out quite a bit so you can leave them on all day when your out/work/etc.

this is the same principle as those head phones with noise cancelation.  the two channels are out of faze so they cancel each other.  this will allow you to run them for longer with out it disturbing others and get max time for break in.  

Re: burning in a speaker....
An audio friend came over with a new aquisition that he wanted to try in my system ...a used digital processor.  He plugged it into my system...flipped on the amp and...
WHUMP-POOF!
In an instant, the square wave amplified by my 250w/ch amp pushed the woofers cones several inches further than they were designed for - and started smoking mightily.  

Instant burn-in...no long waiting.
Thank-you everyone for all the great advice.  I read the Audiogon forums carefully before I bought and learned a lot.

@randy-11
“room treatments”

I started another thread called “DIY absorption panels,” so it will be a combination of GIK and homemade panels.  My room won’t be super hardcore.  I want it to be part of my living space, so we can listen to it, albeit imperfectly, from the kitchen and eating area, hopefully using it a lot more. The audio equipment will be combined with video equipment. I don’t know if I will need to cover the glass on the TV with absorption material when I am doing some serious audio. I think the space will be good though: approx 18x12x10 enclosed by three walls, with one wall having a door. The left side will be open to the rest of the living space. The door and walls and maybe the TV will have panels. 

@randy-11: “source material (e.g. some CDs sound a lot better than others, so you'll want to track down the best masterings of an album) -- tho you don't say how you will feed your DAC”

I have never owned a media disk, so I am going to resist for as long as I can. I was thinking Oppo 203 (~$430 used) but I might not need it for audio, or video.  I will probably try to go with only subscription streaming for both audio and video, with no player, no Oppo. I like the simplicity.

For audio, I will get a subscription to Deezer - the first three months are free, so it is $90 for unlimited FLAC access to 45 million songs the first year.  Do I really need CDs? Does the Oppo give me anything if I go diskless?

For streaming when I first set up the equipment, I will use a Mac or Windows machine, or possibly just an iPhone to stream bits to the DAC through USB. I am also investigating nVidia Shield ($170) for streaming both audio and video. I like the Kodi/SPMC add-ons capability and the access to Google speech recognition. It would be great if I could use Echo/Alexa-like speech commands to find and play songs from Deezer - so much better for me than typing or using a remote to browse.