Burmester 001, comment please?

Admittedly, I am shameless as I can no way afford $13K. Nonetheless, looking into used market, it may be obtainable however long shot it might be.
I would like to hear those who have direct experience with this beauty as to how it compares with contenders in the class (or less expensive). I did hear it at my local dealer in all-Burmester system. While it is impossible to conclude about its sound character, I thought the "there (as in I could almost touch the performer)" sound image might be attributable to the CD player. Again, comparison with contenders would be very helpful, in context of classical or acoustical musics. My current CDP is Cary 306/200. While it sounds great, I have suspected something is missing. Delicacy or intimacy, and smoothness (liquidity?) or warmth in mid-high to high freq. My other equip are: Sonus Faber Signum and Berning ZH270. Maybe I am asking too much, but, hey, this is hobby! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Ken
khokugo

Showing 1 response by justacoder

I have a 220V Burmester 877 mkII pre-amp. I have 'heard' that it will cost around $1250 to have it changed to 110V by the dealer. I am currently using a $20 step-up transformer that plugs into a 110V outlet and generates 220V with a European-type outlet. Works fine. Just cannot use an after-market power cord with it to 'soup-up' performance.