Building new system starting with power amp. What would you choose ?

This is not how it usually happens, but what if you simply must have a particular amp and then move with upgrades in both directions? Let's assume that the only source will be RTR deck, so no preamp will be needed.
The price range..how about $15k new or used ?
This is a hypothetical exercise, I am personally not prepared for that yet. However, it would be, theoretically, perfect minimalist audiophile set-up. 
I myself would probably choose either Lamm monoblocks or Gryphon stereo power amp, both used of course.
inna

Showing 1 response by musicfan2349

IMHO speakers have the most influence in the overall sound and character of a system. If you’re already set on your source (RTR) then speakers logically would be the next step. Pick your "sound" and THEN get the requisite electronics. Bookshelf or floor standers? Traditional box speakers or planar? All of those will likely require different electronics to sound their best. With regards to no preamp, I’d reconsider that. For one thing you’ve completely forgone any flexibility with regards to any other sources, not to mention any convenience features like a remote. (Unless your R2R has one) In any case, enjoy the hunt!
Happy listening...