Building my 1st real system. Need advice. Hoping to pair Luxman507uxii/Dyaudio Evoke20.

Hi everyone!

Hoping the Luxman 507uxii and Dynaudio Evoke 20 would play nicely together and give me the sound I'm looking for.  I plan on auditioning anything I buy beforehand, mind you. Still, I want to have different combinations in mind before I start shopping around. I listen to a decent amount of heavier music, and the source material and the recordings aren't always the greatest. There aren't any tidal masters for much of what I listen to in this genre lol. I previously had the Kef LS50W, and this kind of music was definitely its weakest point. I also listen to a lot of 80's rock/New Wave/Old Industrial/Goth/Electronic. I want a system to be smooth, slightly colored, and pretty forgiving of bad source material. Nothing too transparent or dark. Vocals prominence in the mix is also required. I've heard systems where the vocals are subdued, and I hate it. Decent Bass and Sub-bass performance as well. Subwoofers and Floor-standers aren't really an option right now, so I know my performance in this category will be limited. The first pairing at the top of the pile is obviously the Luxman 507Xii and Dynaudio Evoke 20's.
I was also looking at the Naim Uniti Nova, but it's such a tech-focused system. It will probably have a new iteration in a year. For the streamer/DAC I would keep it simple initially and get the 2021 blue sound node. I can look into adding a proper Dac like the Denafrips Ares 2 down the road. I don't care for Roon, so any streamer I will use would just implement Tidal Connect/Spotify Connect natively and my personal music library.  I'd like to bypass the app for the streamer as much as I can.
I also heard good things about the Lumina D2, and that its DAC can be pretty forgiving with low-quality/compressed music sources, but I'm a little worried about connectivity/latency issues with it. The bluesound is a pretty mainstream product, so I'm hoping it will be pretty smooth/forgiving too.  I also have a Technics 1500C, but my listening is probably 70-80 percent streaming 20 percent vinyl.

Any advice/input is welcome!

Other Speaker considerations

1. Buchardt S400 (Hard to test out)
2.Sonus Faber Sonetto ii(would be great with vocals, but I don't know how it would do with low quality heavy distorted guitars)
3.KLH Model 5( Very curious about these. The consensus seems pretty divided amongst users on how they perform with poorly recorded rock/metal music). They've received nothing but praise from most of the popular youtube reviewers, but that really means nothing lol.

Other Amp considerations

Naim Uniti Nova
Musical Fidelity M5 or M6si
Parasound Halo Hint 6

128x128mrcorky

Showing 2 responses by mesch