Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II

“For those who want the moon but can't afford it or those who can afford it but like to have fun and work with their hands, I'm willing to give out a recipe for a true high-end 'table which is easy to do, and fun to make as sky's the limit on design/creativity! The cost of materials, including 'table, is roughly $200 (depending, more or less), and add to that a Rega tonearm. The results are astonishing. I'll even tell/show you how to make chipboard look like marble and fool and impress all your friends. If there's interest I'll get on with this project, if not, I'll just continue making them in my basement. The next one I make will have a Corian top and have a zebra stripe pattern! Fun! Any takers?”

The Lead in “Da Thread” as posted by Johnnantais - 2-01-04

Let the saga continue. Sail on, oh ships of Lenco!
mario_b
Many had warned me that Arthur Salvatore was a VERY difficult and picky reviewer (I could see this myself from perusing his website), but he stepped up to the plate, and I’m sure any Lenco fans out there - worth their salt - will join me in thanking Arthur profusely for taking the chance on the New Kid on the Block, the Lenco, instead of always the established (and by extension safe) Garrards, EMTs, Thorenses, and for taking a great amount of time and effort in order to make his analysis bullet-proof – and necessarily lengthy (like my own posts) ;-) - so that nay-sayers will only expose their lack of understanding, intelligence and integrity.
So am i interpreting this to mean that if you don't agree or believe the salvatore review that you must lack "understanding, intelligence and integrity?"

As to ANY suggestion that I may have somehow “bought off” Salvatore, this is SO laughable as to make that person utterly ridiculous (tantamount to publicly pie-ing your own face, and then kicking your own ass :-)), as anyone at all who knows me knows all too well.
Is someone making this "suggestion" that nantais"bought off" salvatore on the net?

David, stop trying to stir up trouble and give Jean his credit where credit is due! I noticed that you have also gone phishing on Vinyl Asylum for dirt that does not exist. I purchased Jean's original 100lb Reference table (purpleheart top), as you know, and Jean set it up before his initial trip down to Arthur's place. My previous table was a Clearaudio Maximum Solution AMG wood which I enjoyed thoroughly ... until I heard Jean's table. Hearing is believing and I will leave it at that. It is absolutely ludicrous that Jean would pay off Arthur for a review ... read the events leading up to the review on Salvatore's website. Hats off to Jean for a well deserved review ...

Also, I do not need Salvatore’s approval before deciding on an equipmet purchase! I bought this table before the review had taken place.
David, stop trying to stir up trouble and give Jean his credit where credit is due! I noticed that you have also gone phishing on Vinyl Asylum for dirt that does not exist. I purchased Jean's original 100lb Reference table (purpleheart top), as you know, and Jean set it up before his initial trip down to Arthur's place. My previous table was a Clearaudio Maximum Solution AMG wood which I enjoyed thoroughly ... until I heard Jean's table. Hearing is believing and I will leave it at that. It is absolutely ludicrous that Jean would pay off Arthur for a review ... read the events leading up to the review on Salvatore's website. Hats off to Jean for a well deserved review ...
HMM, Are we now going to play "shoot the messenger" rather than looking at the message? How do you know what "dirt exists or doesnt exist for that matter?
The suggestion comes from the website "Lenco Heaven". It's in the "News Section", which is for members only.

The relevant thread bears my personal name.
The writer was "daiwok". The date June 3, reply # 186

The exact quote (referring to my Lenco review/essay): "...one does suspect some marketing ploy here"

Sadly, no one replying to this quote challenged it in any manner. One member even defended the "marketing ploy".

I realize interpretations are subjective, but I am not able to view this as anything other than an (unfounded) attack on my (and Jean's) integrity, if not a suggestion of outright corruption. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I'm not able to appreciate that perspective at this time.

For the record, I have not made a reply on Lenco Heaven to this "suggestion". I felt I would dignify it when doing so.

Finally, I expected to be attacked in some manner because of this Lenco review/essay. This is almost inevitable when you take a strong position in "audio", but not from that quarter.
All this talk about marketing ploys and Nantais paying off Salvatore is verging on the ridiculous! It makes the guys who are trying to stir up some dirt come off looking like a bunch of jealous schoolgirls! Let's get real guys and lets get back to listening to music.