Building a new system after many years away, need some suggestions ... !

Thanks for the help all.... All opinions welcomed !!!

I have been away from high end audio for 10+ years but my wife expressed intreest in collecting vinal. I bought my wife a turntable ATLP-7 and of course you know what happened... and here I am. The reason I was away for some time is I am a pretty accomplished musician and I have a recording studio with state of the art digital recording, Apogee Digital, Neve , Avalon, and API etc... class A preamps and speakers (top of the line Focals etc..) but man somehow records still sound so magical, almost like nothing is between you and the live analog microphone feed.

I used to own a Audible Illusions M3A, Quicksilver M60 monoblocks, silver audio cable and Vandersteen’s but sold it when I moved to buy my bigger house.

I have some active speakers and the turntable for her now need a real preamp etc...but want to put a full system together again with some floor standing speakers (full range not necessary) Polk r700’s ?

I was wondering if the tube pre’s were still worth it with tech coming pretty far in the last 10 years. I imagine the SS measures better now. Im open to differnt opintions. In the end for her and I it’s more about that enjoyment more than me feeling like I’m mastering something.

Of course I’m looking at the Audible 3B but it's a lot of spend on a pre but will.... I do think I want to go SS on the Power Amp this time but again open. Currently have an old Rotel here that may get used for a bit as I get the speakers and other pieces together.

Any suggestions welcomed !

Thanks !

John

sozocaps

Showing 1 response by fthompson251