Building a Brand New HT... Need advice

I'm building a new Home Theater on my dad's house and I'm looking for advice... For the moment, I'm buying the following equipments: Pre-Amp/Processor/Tuner; Amplifiers and Speakers System. I want to build a 7 channel HT (for DTS-ES and THX EX), so my Pre-Amp choises are a little limited. I was thinking on buying the B&Ks (Reference 30 Pre-Amp and Reference 7270 7ch Amp) and the MKs 150 THX Ultra Certified Speakers System. What do you think? Can you give me some advice for equipment at this price range (around 10K)?
flavioleoni

Showing 1 response by lakerat2124

I own a B&K Pre/Pro and it doesn't disappoint. I have demo many different units and for the $$$, B&K has worked some magic (IMHO). To me the Ref 30 is a no brainer. The amps are also well made. I have listened and liked the them as well. I did however go with a Bryston 4B-ST on the front (for stereo listening) and use Adcom power for the other channels (home theater). I still am impressed with B&K amps and think you are looking in the right place. I am not that wild about M&K speakers (they sound good, but I just don't ever get moved by them). Anyway, with a budget to watch, try PSB (strata series) and Meadowlark. I own Hales Design which everyone knows they bit the dust. IF not for that, I would recommend them. Too bad, they were awesome for the money. If I was buying now, I would proably go Meadowlark. I just thought they sounded awesome. However if HT is the main goal, I might go PSB. Anyway, my $0.02......Good luck..LR