Buggtussel Speakers - heard 'em?

I went to a small stereo show in Michgian this past weekend and heard Buggtussels for the first time. Actually was first time at a show. I thought they sounded quite good (was the Amygdala) and the designer said they or the Pallidus would work quite well with 300B SETs like mine although room was using a Buggtussel 160 wt SS amp. Anyone had experience with them with SETs?
tomryan

Showing 1 response by jimmy2615

I heard them at C.E.S. this year - I was impressed on a few counts but also disappointed. After having listened to about 10 or 12 other speakers that day (including Wilsons, JMLab Be's, and others) I was amazed at the "presence" of the piano concerto they were playing - it sounded very, very live (as in real) - more so than most I have ever heard. I guess it was a combination of soundstaging and articulation. The only thing I was disappointed with is that the drivers seemed cheap for the price - I only noticed it soundwise in the tweeter though (there was a certain haze or high octave tinniness - and I have had speakers with metal domes before that I did NOT notice such a sound). If he added a better tweeter I think he'd have a real winner. That said, I do think they are great speakers, but one of those kinds that you must decide you like what they do better than others, otherwise you might tire of them. I do not believe they were hooked up to tubes when I listened, but I could be wrong.