Budget speaker selection help

I am trying to set up a second system with some vintage components... Sansui 9090 receiver and a Pioneer PL-10 turntable. The music will mostly be classical and light jazz records at low to moderate listening levels.

Anyway, with a $200-300 budget for speakers, I would appreciate any opinions on experiences with the following...

Axiom M3Ti
Paradigm Atom
Athena AS-B1/AS-B2
Epos ELS-3

I have read all the reviews out there on these speakers, but would appreciate some first hand feedback.

thanks.
jwha
I've heard the Axioms, the Vandy 1s, and the Epos, and I now own the Epos. My biggest issue was my 12x12 listening room. Any speaker with too much low end just overwhelmed the space. The Epos are great down to about 50-55hz and then roll off rapidly - perfect for my room. The Vandys were just too much. The Axioms I heard in a different space, but liked the midrange on the Epos a lot better, probably due to the first order crossovers in the Epos.

Siliab is correct that you'll need to factor in the cost of stands (I'm using 30") but I was able to buy the Epos and stands used here on Audiogon for $250 shipped.

David
Thank you for your responses... Very interesting read. Does anyone have experience with older Thiel speakers? Particularly the Thiel SCS speakers (circa 1995)? Someone if offering to sell me theirs at a great price.

Besides the mentioned Thiel, I am leaning towards the Epos... I know the Vandersteens are nice, but my wife will not allow floorstanding speakers (even though they are about the same size as monitors with stands).
My brother in law just bought some used Thiel CS.5 speakers. They are pretty small floorstander, and yet sound pretty decent for the money. (Not a lot of bass, but they image well and the frequency response is pretty flat.) You could do worse that is for sure. He paid $600 for them from a local Audiogon seller.

Good Luck in your search!