Budget speaker $600 or under recommendations

I am looking for some "budget" speaker recommendations for a 2nd system. Looking to spend $600 max, new or used. This is going into a second system, where we will be listening to internet radio, FM and AM radio, CD's, and the TV. Floorstanders or monitors are both OK. Amp is a Music Hall Trio; 50wpc, not a whole lot of current, so the speaker should be relatively easy to drive. FWIW, I have Tyler Acoustics Decade D1's in my main system. I have also really liked the sound of Von Schweikert's in the past. Musical, fairly transparent, not to lean is the sound I would like to go for. As this is a 2nd system, I would just like to put something together that is pleasing and doesn't sound like mid-fi.
dawgcatching

Showing 2 responses by sufentanil

PSB Stratus Mini would be high on my list.

Another option with a little more relaxed sound would be GMA Europas.

I agree the VR-1's are also a good choice for those looking for the more lean and detailed sound. They also image great.

Michael
Rello,

The MMG's are nice for the price, but I'm not convinced the Music Hall is up to the challenge of driving them adequately. Also, I'm assuming that for a 2nd system that he might not have the space for the MMG's.

That's why I recommended the ones I did.

Michael