Budget, Seperates, 1,200 AMP & PRE, suggestions

Hey folks

Welp, things are looking good for the ol slapmeister, and it looks like i can finally start buying some new gear in the near future.

Got a house im gonna buy, its kinda wierd, but at the end of the deal i will have a nice cusion of money in the bank, and im looking to buy some gear.

This will be the "Living room surround setup"

This is what i am currently planning on.....

TV = Panasonic PT-47wx53 widscreen HDTV

Source = 7 disc JVC DVD changer, (good enough for now)

Front/Rear speakers = KEF Q1 monitors

Center =Matching KEF center

Subwoofer = Deftech ProSub200 (used to own one, personally, i really like these for HT)

Now, im gonna have about 1,200 budget for either a reciever or Pre/AMP combo.

6.1 & 7.1 not important, i will not be able to use the other amps for a 2nd zone, im really only interested in 5.1 surround.

The KEF's are pretty much non-negotiable, the fiancee likes thier looks and i like the way they sound for the price.
The subwoofer im pretty sold on, not many subs under 600 bucks that go below 20hz. Taking suggestions though, need at least 250wrms on the sub though

Any suggestions for AMP/PRE-PRO?

I was thinking about a DENON 3805, but i really dont need 7.1 surround, i have hardwoode floors, and i already ran a set for 2 surrounds for the rear, so im not interested in more.

The living room has 15ft vaulted ceilings, all hardwood floor, about 15 feet by 18 feet and it is open to the dining room and kitchen, all in all, about 500-700sqft room.

Echo's like the grand canyon, i can take care of that though.

This is just gonna be a livingroom surround setup. The basement will have a "Dedicated HT" but that will be a while down the road, i also have a room chosen for a 2 channel rig. This dosent need to be too fancy, but i want it to sound good.

Suggestion for a 5.1 pre/pro DD & DTS setup for under 1,200?

Thanks.
slappy

Showing 1 response by mark7767

I would seriusly look at Rotel, as they make decent stuff at good prices as well as it is on Audiogon a lot. I have a RSP 985 processor that is great. Consdier it and a 5 channel amp.