Budget of 7000gbp what top flight one box cd player do i buy any recommendations please

hi 
my budget is around 6000gbp im looking to buy my last silver disc player but i need it to provide high end sound quality if hooked up to a lap top, second hand is fine,

I have only ever played silver discs so this is my preference but i am looking into the computer audio i have not followed the computer audio route as i have 1000s of discs and wondered can i just rip the HD download onto a blank disc and just play that so maybe the player i am after does not need computer connection, i am finding it a quite difficult decision on what to do or buy, my thoughts were Esoteric K01 used i did fire the gun but the seller pulled out so i am back to square one 

any help or advise i very much appreciated thank you
mains

Showing 3 responses by stereo5

There was a Esoteric X-03 here last week for under 2K.  It uses the Burr Brown 1704 R to R ladder dac.  It sounds incredible and it also has Esoteric's BEST transport as well.  I have the UX-03 which is the same machine , plus DVD which is the only difference.  It is 60 pounds of greatness.
George, it does have the PCM 1704 dac and mine does sacd.  All Esoteric players do sacd.. I have the exact same unit. Sound is to die for.
The X03SE uses the PCM 1704 R to R ladder dac, theK01 uses the AK chipset.  I prefer the 1704 dac, it sounds much more analog like.