Budget floorstanders - Sonus Faber vs. Revel vs. Focal

I am moving on from the vintage speakers I've been playing with over the past 10 years (ADS L1230, Ohm Walsh 4, Klipsch Forte, Snell Type A) and want a smaller footprint, new speaker.  I had narrowed down to the following:

Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
Dynaudio X34
Focal Chorus 726
Revel F35/F36

My room is rather large (20x30x9), half living room, half dining room, so I need to move a good bit of air.  I tried the Dynaudio X34's and they felt a little "small."  My gear is a Mcintosh C39 pre and Proceed AMP 5 (125@8ohms, 250@4ohms, has 4 working channels and can use to biamp).  I mostly listen to rock/alternative/punk with some jazz and classical and have preferred a warmer sound - I am not as much into detail and pinpoint imaging as I am an energetic, fun, easy-to-listen-to sound.  I have been known to turn my system up quite loud and want something that doesn't become unpleasant at volume.

I'd appreciate any opinions from folks who have heard any of the above.  Thanks.

hanfrac
I owned the F36s for a while. They'll have no problem filling that space. They're brighter than the others on your list but probably the most detailed as well. I felt the tweeter lacked refinement, and upper bass was very elevated to the point of being overwhelming at times. If you liked the Snell sound, you probably won't care much for the Revels, however, if you like the Klipsch sound then they might be a good fit.

In that price range, I like the Martin Logan Motion 60XT better than any on your list.
I am a Sonus Faber fan but getting big volume out of the smaller ones is just not possible as it is with the other speakers on your list. Visit Music Direct and look at the various JBL models. The Klipsch classic line also has speakers that are dynamic, efficient and decent sounding. I think the Cornwall is a great speaker for the money. If you want to rock these are the speakers you want to look at. Way more dBs per dollar and they will save you a lot of money on amplifiers.
Thanks.  I'm not really thinking about JBL or Klipsch.  I have decent amplification and the Klipsch just aren't the look I'm going for.  Plus, I've done Forte's.

I really have enjoyed my 1230's, but feel like I want to experience a modern speaker and determine for myself whether the engineering advances make for more enjoyment.  I want to feel like I also get a "massive upgrade."

@helomech - surprised that you think the Revels would be brightest, as it seems like the Focals have more of a reputation for brightness.  That's very helpful.

@mcreyn - had not heard of the Vortex's.  A little beyond what I want to spend and they aren't "lookers," but seem like incredible sound per $.
@helomech - surprised that you think the Revels would be brightest, as it seems like the Focals have more of a reputation for brightness. That’s very helpful.

For the most part, Focal deserves that rep, however, the Chorus line is probably their most polite. Revel is mostly bright (and analytical) sounding until you get into the Salon series where their berrylium tweeters do away with the typical fatiguing highs of metal domes.

I think you might be surprised at how well your vintage models compete. I recently did an A/B comparison of 40+ year old, 2-way Large Advents to some popular 3-ways that retail for $3K. I preferred the Advents by a wide margin.

If your list is not set in stone and you can place the speakers at least 3’ from the wall behind them, I highly suggest you consider the Spatial Audio M4 Turbo S’. These are better than any speakers on your list, especially regarding their highs, which sound remarkably similar to that of a beryllium tweeter. They are one of the best speakers I’ve heard under $6K.
Those Spatials look sweet.  Given my room size, I'd probably go to the bigger M3.