Buddy can you spare a dime for a $12,000 Ethernet cable?

I just read TAS’s coverage of the second Florida audio show.

While I absolutely love the results I’m getting from the $650 EtherRegen switch, and hear differences in Ethernet cables, I had to gulp at the prices one company is charging. Maybe I should start a Gofundme for contributions.

From TAS

“Ansuz Acoustics’ introduction of an entire line of Ethernet-related products. Of course, there were cables, and the A2 (approx. $1800 for one meter) and D-TC (approx. $12,600 for one meter) delivered a much wider soundstage and more palpable vocals than generic Ethernet cable. The D-TC model added noticeably crisper transients and even more spatial expansion. But the most eye-opening demo was of a line of Ethernet switches priced from $2200 to a whopping $14,000. Generic Ethernet switches are about $100 at Best Buy, but even the entry-level PowerSwitch proved to be a huge upgrade in terms of noise reduction, and the flagship PowerSwitch Supreme ($14k) made an incredible difference in clarity and dynamics. Dang! Yet another seemingly innocuous element (like power cords) that makes a difference.”

emailists
One wonders if they sounded ethereal. 
Their marketing department reminds them that they only have to sell about half a dozen of them to make an astronomical profit.
Just curious, how does one get a "huge upgrade in terms of noise reduction" when I don't hear any noise now? Is the reason I should apply for a medical marijuana card?
I was a doubting Thomas, until I listened to a set of AQ William Tell speaker cables.
The difference was quite clear to my ears. The only problem was whether it was worth the cost.
Luckily, I only needed 1 meter non-biwired cables, so, I bit the bullet.
B
Speaker and RCA cables are analog. Its the same audio signal that is sent to your speakers. I can see where differences between their construction can effect the sound coming from the speakers.

But Ethernet cables send high frequency 0’s ans 1’s so rapidly that a human can not comprehend it and that is fed into a DAC microprocessor that decodes it. It is less clear how you can "flavor" that digital stream of zeros and ones and effect the sound. I will agree that a quality cable can sound better if it is not dropping some of the signal..........But what makes me a skeptic is that by changing the conductors digital cables are supposed to have the same tone / flavor changes as an analog wire. I mean copper sounds neutral, silver sounds bright, Gold sounds warm. Its too much of a coincidence that the wires will flavor an artificial digital stream the same way as analog.

YMMV.......And if you think anything makes your system sound better who am I to judge. But personally I am going to pass on a $12,000 digital anything cable.
+1 delkal
Once the the information gets to any competent DAC it is isolated, noise filtered which would remove (noise/flavor) a cable might have had, reclocked converted and sent on.
Just get the Blue Jeans Ethernet cable
This is the part about this hobby that annoys the [email protected]@@ out of me. 
High-end speaker cables that promise the moon. High-speed ethernet cables that simply deliver higher data rates, not sound quality. And cable blocks. Really?

There is a fine line between what can be delivered and the promise of what can be delivered. Much of this promised esoterica is snake-oil. The human ear is a finite instrument. Granted you can detect spatial imaging, but to make the statement that some of these vendors make is unverifiable nonsense. But then again, like a Nigerian Prince, it only takes one out of 100 to bite.
On the other hand, people would be much better off if they believed too much rather than too little.
I'm a believer but not a sucker!
You got trolled. Nobody is buying $12,000 Ethernet cables.
Maybe $250-$300 is all you need to spend on an ethernet cable:
https://www.triodewirelabs.com/product/freedom-ethernet-cable/

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/01/usb-cable-discrete-and-freedom-ethernet.html

I haven't heard it but Pete makes some great cables for the money.

All the best,
Nonoise