Buchardt S400 S300MKII Review

Well fellow audiophiles....I have listened to many "book" shelf speakers over the years.  These are good!  I still don't understand why the tweeters are on the bottom??? I understand the head engineer of Dyna Audio designed these....I have never liked the Dyna Audio Sound....good warm but boring.  These speakers do take about 20 hours to break in.  My Boss, COB from my company asked me to buy these for him to hide it from his wife...we all know about this.;)  I had recommended Rogers LS LS3/5A or some version of the Sequerra Met 7s. FYI Dick has not contacted me after several calls...NOT Good...Pray. He is/was an audio genius.
These Speakers are built like a Brick poop House.  I put them on Pangea Audio DS400 audio stands.  Associated equipment, ARC SP6A preamp (sent to ARC for "updating") with telefunkun 12AX7A tubes, Lafayette LA-70 Monos   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ1C0d_2e5A.  

Kimber 8TC speaker cables and Audioquest Colorado interconnects. 
What is interesting I recommended to COB...IRS Infinity speakers....the wife said "I can't sleep..too much bass"  these little speakers have bass out the ass....I'm still going to be in trouble.  That is the biggest difference between the Rogers and Sequerras is the Bass.  rot row....They have a much larger sound than smaller bookshelf speakers  ....especially in the dark.  PS.  I miss HP and William Zane Johnson. 
apfdirtdoctor
apfdirtdoctor

Showing 1 response by b_limo

How is this a review?  Pretty uninformative.  
And it’s Dynaudio, not Dyna Audio.