bryston14b to krell 400

one amp 6000 as to 12000.is the difference worth the extra loot???? new to hi-end,any help on matter thks.
2bigears

Showing 1 response by chazzbo

Diagree with above.,Ath this speaker matching ios important.Allready owned a pair of Maggies and everybody including engineers and Brston said cheaper Bryston was better (and a very popular match with Maggies) but Krell costing more would sound worse.Maybe because it's ribbon/plnnar and that's it.In 90's many speakers manufacturers used Krell to display speakers because for many piston spekears) nothing grips and controls bass like Krll Class A.But their highs are clean (as are many other speakers but can sound etched "etched".To me Krell mids sound metallic *and not just because I am a tube guy-I'd go Plinius against Krell any day).And this from a guy who sold Krell for 6 years.Get as many oppinions as possible starting with spaker manufacturer, (and othjer component makers) and as many sources for "synergystic " matc before you plonk down.All said and done you may audition and get a majority or plurality of Krell thumbs up and go with it (if you do gte Cardas cables!!!).But synergy and mactching at this price point m,akes sense not rushing to th Blue light special at K-Mart.
Chazzbo
Chazzbo