Bryston BDA-2, Moon 300D or Benchmark DAC2 HGC

I have been doing some research in an upcoming purchase of a DAC for my system. In brief my uses will be Sonos Connect and then eventually a HardDrive storage of my CD's and High Res downloads. My system is ARC LS26, McIntosh MC402, and Revel Performa F32's. It seems that the Bryston BDA-2 gets good reviews and the SimAudio Moon 300D and Benchmark DAC2 HGC all seem to be in the same neighborhood in price and feature. I do sometime hope to add either the Moon Mind or if rumors bear fruit, the Sonos Hi-Rez "Connect". I am hopeful that fellow AudioGon members can share their experience with any of these DAC's and maybe suggest a DAC that they love in that 2000 plus minus price range. I had thought about 3 months ago that a 500.00 DAC was what I wanted, but now realize I will have to invest more to achieve my goal in sound.
Thank You
Theo
128x128theo

Showing 1 response by jaxwired

Having owned several $2k DACs including the benchmark dac2, my advice is to buy the cheap micromega MyDAC first. Doesn't look like much, but man it sounds extremely good. Highly recommended before you drop $2k. Trust me.