Bryston BDA-1 used V/S Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2

Please suggest : I do not have a PC based system, but only a tube based Preamp, Amp and CDP system ( Red book CD only ) . I wish to decide between Bryston BDA-1 (used available around $ 1500 ) and New unit of Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 ( New $ 1500 ) . I will also in near future buy a Transport and get away from my existing CDP ( Cary 303-100 ) .
Can you guys pl suggest which DAC should I go for ?
radni

Showing 2 responses by bobf1717

my system uses every single input available on the wyred dac 2 save for the i2s. usb from imac as main listening of redbook cd's as well as coax from an older proceed cdp used as transport only. other stuff used is sonos via coax, with apple tv and request music server connectedvia toslink. all run thru a mcintosh 7000 ss integrated or the mc pre out into cary six pack tube mono's. the sum of my experience is twofold: wyred dac 2 ease of use and differences in sound are as follows:

everything so far works and was easy to set up (that seems to be a plus and an important thing). all the bells and whistles about fixed vrs variable and settings, ect. are way to advanced for an average dummy like me to figure out, so i have probably not used or set it to it's ultimate best use. but my ears do not lie, and what i heard came not from the sound of the system but from the words of my 60 yr old wife, who said just last nite when i played the same song from the computer vrs the older proceed: "that first one sounded a lot different and better than that second one."

two different sources with the same exact pressing/files (redbook cd) running into the same dac with one major exception: one via usb and the other via standard coax. neither one via toslink.

my only logical conclusion is that the transport made a difference, as in HUGE. could this in fact be true? or have i taken the term "dummy" to yet another level?
my apologies for not being clear. the proceed cdp is the superior sound quality provider. by the way to all, the wyred dac took a big step forward (as did all my other gear) by adding power chords made by patrick cullen here on a'gon. patrick worked for his dad rick for many years and has ventured off on his own making all sorts of chords, cables, in line filter's, ect. really good quality stuff at very affordable price points. highly recommend you add this chord (or your choice of stock chord upgrade) to your dac.