Bryston B-100 question

I have B&W 804 speakers and considering purchase of Bryston Integrated B100 & CD Player BCD-1
Would that be a good match
I have read conflicting opinions
Some say musical others say lean & cold
Thanks
AP
fishing716

Showing 3 responses by playpen

I have the b100 bryston. To really hear what that rig can sound like it must have amp stand and vibration control. Anything I tried underneath was marginal. What is huge upgrade is placing 6 mi garrand 8 round military full metaljacket ammo clips mounted with bullets facing down,2 in front,4 inback all inline facing center with about 1lb 3 inch flat brass in middle.Pointed all brass copper bullets only,no flat tip lead.Absolutely blows away stand alone amp. Incredible new soundfield,unbelievable new treble clarity and reach,like different amp for almost no money. It should be installed by bryston at factory.
Tpreaves. I have to have help with picture,will get it. The sound upgrade is unimaginable. I took it off last night and it sounded liked a $99. walmart rack sys without my invention,unlistenable.I'm using 3006 all copper brass military ammo,will experiment with more readily available all brass cartridges.They must have pointed tips,I tried remington lead tips,worthless.You can get started by getting 8 round m1 garrand clips,cheap,when you pack the ammo in press down on flat surface so bullets rest square on top of cabinet.8mm 8 by 57 js mauser 196 grain fmj ( full metal jacket) fits in m1 clip for mark as such as not to blow up m1 by mistake.Not quite as good sound as 3006.I found a brass ashtray at garage sale.To get stated place m1 clips length wise from corners of cabinet aiming toward center. If you own b100 you have no idea what a phenomenal sounding thoroughbred race horse of an amp you own. I'll keep you posted on my test results. Playpen.
Tpreaves. Try federal american eagle 308 win.150 grain fmj boat-tails in mi clips,sounds great without brass.Available everywhere under $20. box of 20 rds.m1 clips about 50 centa a piece,cheap.Get 4 boxes and put 2 clips on top of cd player by tray to.I didn't use the ashtray,run 2 in front 3" back,4 in rear facing lengthwise to centerfrom cabinet corners leaving about 5-6" space in middle on bryston.I demo with pat metheny secret story and great sounding piece of vinyl. At higher volume levels let me know your results. Playpen.Make sure to fully seat cartridges with bullets facing down,one may not seat all the way,no problem.