Bryston B-100 or Luxman L-507u?

First post. ;-)

Plan to upgrade my integrated amp to a Bryston B-100 (basic model) or a Luxman L-507u.

Has anyone compared these two? My system, albeit modest, is a pair of B&W 805 matrix on the 805 Sound Anchor stands, the other end is an Oppo BDP-83SE. The amp that either of these would be replacing is a 15 yr-old Cyrus III with PSX-R.

I live in Japan (expat Canadian). The Luxman I can get for a fair amount cheaper here, than it goes for stateside. The Bryston, I'd buy from a someone back home and have it sent over to Japan.

I Iike the simplicity of design (inside and out) of the Bryston, but the fact that the Luxman seems to be a good deal here, is tempting.

Would appreciate any thoughts comparing these two amps.

Thanks

Peter
128x128petehb123

Showing 2 responses by renjy651

Using a step down transformer will not degrade sound quality if you are in 60hz area eastern part of Japan.Since bryston transformer are designed for 115v/60hz.
Luxman L-507U or Luxman L-509U Transformers are designed for 60HZ and 50HZ.I use to own a Luxman L507U.You can change the voltage to North American 115V by changing the jumper inside the unit when used in USA or Canada.Since you are in Japan Buy the Luxman High end L509U.L507U also is very good.
Bryston Int Amp is very good.The only thing is they dont offer 2 pairs of speakers.Check with Bryston if they offer 100 Volt version in Japan.
Luxman L509U is the best sounding Amp out there.For 2000 Dollars more it is the best buy.Luxman L507U also very good in cost/Performance.
If you like Bryston 115V/60HZ version use Sanyo or Nissyo Transformer 1500 WATTS 100V to 115V.These tranformers are made in Japan and will not degrade sound.