Bring my own preamp to an amp demo?

I'm going tomorrow to demo a Bryston 4B3. I have a PrimaLuna Evo 300 preamp and Harbeth 30.2 XD speakers. The dealer suggested that I use a similarly priced preamp that he sells, but if I want to hear the amp with my specific preamp and the speakers I own (which he sells, and I bought from him) I need to drop it off when he opens and come back later because he has other appointments booked and needs time to connect my PL preamp, and maybe (I'm guessing) get it warmed up. I'm also going to listen to a BAT VK-56SE, and he suggested I keep an open mind and listen to an Einstein Integrated amp and thinking about selling my PL Evo 300 preamp. He wants me to have an open mind, and said he has a lot of customers that like and bought the Einstein with Harbeths. He also has an Audio Note amp demo for me to listen to as well. He's not a fan of PL, but is happy to work with me.
Bring my preamp or not?
128x128ctwith3

Showing 1 response by adg101

Sounds like he’s really pushing the Einstein integrated which might be the way to go. I’d ask to take it home that way he’s not influencing you , you have more than an afternoon to hear it in your system in your own home which I bet sounds better than a room or big open space at a store. If you live too far away then that might not be an option. Definitely best to try it at home if you can. Depending on your relationship with the store they might not even ask for a card if they know and trust you... the two brick and mortar stores near me let me take gear home often without any deposit. Sure going to miss the small boutique stores after Amazon owns everything.