Bricasti M1 USB

I just picked up the Bricasti DAC a couple of weeks ago. Hands down, it's top notch. I'd been using the Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 mkii since 1995 or so. And I still think the SF is a great DAC. But the Bricasti is, well, something special.

I've demoed the Weiss 202 Firewire, Aesthetix Pandora and MSB Analog DAC and the Platinum Signature. The MSB Platinum Sig (at $23K) was great... but it wasn't another $14K better than the Bricasti, at least for my wallet. The MSB Analog DAC was incredible but I liked the Bricasti better. It had a presence and presentation that just seemed right to me. Granted, when I compared the MSB and Bricasti, I was listening on a unfamiliar system, albeit very high-end... Constellation pre/power amp and Magico Q3s.

When I got the Bricasti in my system I was thrilled. I've got Cary 211AE monoblocks, Cary SLP-98 Pre, Vivid B1 speakers, Organic and Nordost cables.

I had the Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 mkii for 15+ years and I could happily live with the Bricasti for the next 15 years.
marty97x

Showing 1 response by jon2020

We can expect the Berkeley to be better at about twice the price of the M1. That price doesn't include a usb input or dsd capability. It's all about value for money.
Where cost is no object, we can start talking instead about the Boulder, the Swiss Beast, the Vivaldi stack, the Trinity, the Constellation Audio, the D'agostino, etc, etc....

Coming back down to earth, at 9k, the M1 is hard to beat. And to echo Fsmithjack, at 6k, the DS is hard to beat.