Braun L1038/8 Crossover needed - HELP

I just bought a mint pair of Braun three way loudspeakers. When they arrived, it was apparent that one of the boxes was jolted enough to break the crossover network circuit board free of it's mounting studs, snapping it in half in the process. So... I'm going to file a shipping claim, but I find myself in need of a repair or replacement plan.

Are replacement crossver networks available for these things? Or, should I just jump in and rebuild both speakers with better wire, bi-amp capability, an external crossover or ?....

These Brauns are similar to ADS speakers; similar soft dome mid range and high frequency drivers, and bass drivers with paper cones and rubber surrounds. I have heard that Braun and ADS were somehow affiliated. Would ADS components work here?

Any qualified suggestions will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Ed.
ed_braley
Very interesting, I have never thought of attempting to repair a circuit board.
The repair has been successful, thanks for your suggestion.

It went pretty much as you had described; I epoxied the two halves together, hammered some solid copper wire into flat strips and soldered them across the etches to bridge the conductor paths.

Now that it's operational again I might consider making modifications; replacing the rather thin internal wiring with something better, and perhaps, experimenting with other crossovers, bi-amp wiring etc.
If the board isn't seriously fragmented (broken in half is bad enough! but could be recoverable) it might be possible to join the halves together with epoxy etc, and then solder-bridge some solid copper conductors across the board traces in order to re-establish the circuit paths. At least that would get you going initially. Using any other crossover of different design (different "Q" &/or turnover points) will definitely change the sound, possibly for better but very probably will not sound "original" as the maker had built them. If a replacement crossover is unavailable, perhaps you could make or have a new board made for you, & then re-use the original components. Rewiring is again going to change the speakers' voicing; maybe for the better but again very probably will not sound "original". No easy answers here if an identical replacement is unavailable.