Braun L1038/8 Crossover needed - HELP

I just bought a mint pair of Braun three way loudspeakers. When they arrived, it was apparent that one of the boxes was jolted enough to break the crossover network circuit board free of it's mounting studs, snapping it in half in the process. So... I'm going to file a shipping claim, but I find myself in need of a repair or replacement plan.

Are replacement crossver networks available for these things? Or, should I just jump in and rebuild both speakers with better wire, bi-amp capability, an external crossover or ?....

These Brauns are similar to ADS speakers; similar soft dome mid range and high frequency drivers, and bass drivers with paper cones and rubber surrounds. I have heard that Braun and ADS were somehow affiliated. Would ADS components work here?

Any qualified suggestions will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Ed.
ed_braley

Showing 1 response by ed_braley

The repair has been successful, thanks for your suggestion.

It went pretty much as you had described; I epoxied the two halves together, hammered some solid copper wire into flat strips and soldered them across the etches to bridge the conductor paths.

Now that it's operational again I might consider making modifications; replacing the rather thin internal wiring with something better, and perhaps, experimenting with other crossovers, bi-amp wiring etc.