Bowers and Wilkins 805s, use as TV speakers ??????

Need opinions.....

I have 2 B&W 805s speakers with stands that I was planning to sell, as new speakers have arrived for my dedicated audio system (located in the music room). We just bought a new 65" Panasonic plasma TV (for the family room) which has extremely poor speakers built-in to the TV cabinet.

We do have an Oppo Blu-Ray player, but watch very few movies. The purchase of an external speaker system is a must. Was thinking about the B&W Panorama sound bar (retail at $2k) as I really have no desire for a surround system at this time.

As I was placing the 'for sale' ad for my 805s' I was wondering if the 805's would do the trick? Or, would the sound bar be better for this purpose? Again, not looking for surround sound, just want full sound.

Has anyone ever used these as TV speakers? Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!
bhpedalpusher

Showing 1 response by steveaudio

M805's, or N805's? Neither are my favorite speaker (I've owned both), but you & lots of other people love them.

Anyway, I routinely watch movies & even general TV thru 2 channel audio systems hooked up to both of my TV's. Very satisfying, depending on the speakers, amps, etc. of course. I'm using little Spendor S3/5 SE's in my "bedroom system" right now, for TV, movies, & music, & they are terrific.

Anyway, I say, keep the 805's & even the Rotel amp, & use them with your new TV. It can also be a "dual purpose" music listening/movie watching system that way, with a CDP, or tuner, etc.