Boutique/custom vs production tube linestages

There are many boutique / small hand made tube audio companies (ie. Aric audio, supratek, Tube audio lab etc). Have you ever compared one of these devices to production gear (ARC, VAC, VTL, Atmasphere etc). And if so what were your findings? I suppose the idea with these more hand crafted creations is higher value but I am curious about your personal experiences.
smodtactical
It’s not that PCBs are garbage but in a tube amp there is often collateral damage when a tube fails.  I had an Anthem Amp 1 and it really was a nice sounding amp but if a tube failed it would also burn the bias resistor.  Wound not have been a big deal but it left a nice burn mark on the circuit board itself .  After cleaning that up 🆙 replaced all bias resistors and mounted them away from the PCB

Thats the main reason I am not buying a power amp with a PCB.  That plus  the fact that my last two tube amps with Point to Point never had any issues.  I think fewer parts and solder nodes make them more reliable to.  There are thousands and thousands of hours on my QS never a problem  
Just my 2 cents here. In the case of a cathode bias amp, a small company (like myself) would use a heat sink wire-wound resistor and mount it to metal, or use thermal compound underneath it and mount it on the side of the chassis. Then a 200-500 mA fuse on the primary of the output transformer will also save the resistor from blowing in the case of tube failure. Without thinking of the 2-3 times markup that commercial companies have to build into the price to sell to audio dealers, you can spend more into failure-proofing components as a small business. 
Like Aric Audio..., I have heard nothing but great things .   

I wasn't quite sure what I wanted in an amp.   I almost bought another PP but honestly those QS are great, I certainly didn't need more power.  I wanted something different.... For around the same money as an entry level from one of the big boys, I will have a custom 300b that will be heirloom quality.     And while you may see another Toolshed 300b, it won't be exactly like mine.