Boulder 850 I saw one....... it is coming

What a cool looking monoblock!!!! Now at a price point that wont put you in the poorhouse
128x128wakenride
Machined from a single block of aluminum, 200 @ 8ohms, narrow enough to sit side by side in a rack, and retail approx 6K each!
wakenride... have you heard it, or seen it? any relation to the company? honesty please...
I just noticed your emails about the Boulder 850 - any further info on this model? I have been trying to find out more about it. Thank you.

I just talked to Boulder today, and inquired about the 850. The 850 is slated for first article (for demo?) this summer. Rated at 150 Watts I was told, $6000 each. The electronics are mostly done, and the focus right now is on the packaging/case. It appears that their goal is to deliver an amp that has most the sonic qualities of the 1050, but at significantly less cost (so a lower cost case). At $6k this is a monoblock for the high-end masses rather than just the rarified hyper high-end folks. Certainly not inexpensive, but just the ticket for those of us lusting for the sound of a Boulder amp - now it just might be in reach! Very exciting.