Boulder 1060 amp and upmarket p.cords and filters?

I recently bought Boulder 1060 and thinking replacing the stock cord plus feeding it from filter.
Any ideas and experiences?
128x128mert

Showing 2 responses by melbguy1

Mert, I also own a Boulder 1060. I would recommend connecting it directly to the wall (as I do) unless you have what I consider to be the only power filters which actually work & sound good with a powerful amp like the 1060, they being the Isotek Titan Evo 3 or Evo 3 Genesis. The 1060 is already well filtered from noise and vibration, so it is fairly inert to standard wall warts. In regard to power cords, you can order a German Walther 32a connector directly from Boulder as a part to re-terminate one of your cables & put your factory cord in the cupboard. The Walther connector is capable of handling large gauge cables without a problem. The opening is 2.5 cm in diameter and the strain relief can be trimmed to handle any cable size. I had one of my Acoustic Revive Power Ref cords re-terminated with a Walther with excellent results. The Acoustic Revive Power Reference is an excellent value pc & according to my Dealer sounds better than Nordost Valhalla. Ultimately though, I'll upgrade all my cables to Siltech Royal Sig series which are superb (and warm sounding) which the Boulder 1000 series needs. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
MG
You're welcome Mert, The Isotek Nova is a good conditioner. Pad are good cables, a bit on the dark side of neutral, but they are a bit warm sounding. I will likely go with all-Jorma cables in my system now (Origo/Prime). Prime in particular is superb & on the warm/rich side. They are also very natural sounding.